1. Lemons contain more sugar than strawberries
2. The onion is named after a Latin word meaning large pearl
3. Half of the world's population live on a staple diet of rice
4. "Fast Food" Isn't New!
5. Potato crisps were invented by a North American Indian called George Crum
6. During a lifetime the average person eats about 35 tonnes of food
7. Ice Cream Is Chinese Food!
China in 1295, he brought back a recipe (among other things). The recipe, was a
Chinese recipe for a desert called "Milk Ice." However, Europeans substituted
cream for the milk, and voila..."Ice Cream." Ice cream has been a hit ever since!
Vitamin A is known to prevent "night blindness," and carrots are loaded with
Vitamin A. So, why not load-up today!
9. The Word "Salary" Comes From "Salt!"
and packaged food contains so much that it's far too easy to eat too much salt (salt
is also known as "sodium").
10. Sometimes Frozen Fruits And Vegetables Are More Nutritious Than Fresh!